Unlike carpeted floors, hard wood floors when maintained the right way can last for a long time. These floors can look just as shiny and new as the way they looked since day one. Hardwood floor sanding is a process which ensures that your floor looks great year after year with as little maintenance as possible.
The following are a few advantages of floor sanding. It’s a process which can last up to a decade. The benefits include
- Hardwood floors tend to become scratches and roughened over a period of time. Constant traffic on the floor can make it lose some of its shine. In order to restore the look of a hardwood floor, it’s necessary to carry out a sanding process. It can help get rid of the scratches and dents. The sanding process helps buff out any little dents and indentions and can turn your floors to look as good as new.
- Sanding can help get rid of stains. The best way to keep stains off the floor is to clean up any spills as soon as they happen. However there are times when a stain becomes permanent and it’s difficult to get rid of it. Perhaps over the year the white of your floor has somehow become yellowed. Sanding can help get rid of those stains by lifting off the dirt and grime and restoring the floor to its original luster and shine.
- The refinishing of the floors help them make look shiny and new. This is also one of the major reasons why people seek floor sanding services. it is common for floors to become dull over a period of time. It is either because the floor has been exposed to too many cleaning agents or the environment is such that there is a great deal of walking taking place over the floor. Also constantly mopping the floors can cause the shine to become lack luster.
- Sanding also prevent floors from getting further damaged. After the floor has been sanded a sealant is applied to the floor. This sealant acts as a protecting agent and can keep the floor looking clean and shiny. The sealant helps make the floor resistant to future stains and spills.
- Once the floor has been sanded it becomes even easier to clean it and it becomes quite low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors are prone to developing mould. Excess moisture in the air or the room can cause mould to develop. When mould develops it leaves behind a musty smell and can damage the flooring as well. When a sealant is applied to the floor, it creates a protective barrier between the floor and the surrounding air. Therefore floors become resistant to mould.
If you are considering getting your floors sanded make sure you hire a professional who has a good reputation and someone who can complete the project on time and within your budget. For more information on floor sanding in Maryborough and Sunshine Coast, make sure you contact local businesses.